Wednesday, June 23, 2010

winter comfort foods

I have so many things to write about, but I really dont know what to write about.
I have taken lots of photos and I have lots of little ideas swimming in my head, but I dont know where to start. Anyways, I found a memory card full of random photos but full of food memories.

Starting off, I had a delicious chicken pie at a close friend's bday party and that totally inspired me to try making my own chicken pie. I realised it couldn't be too hard and I had a secret ingredient up my sleeve. This recipe was totally made up by me!

Miss Clio's easy chicken pie recipe

ingredients
-300 grams of chicken thigh pieces.
-butter
- frozen corn, peas and carrot mix.
-puff pastry
-onions
- can of campbell's cream of chicken soup [secret ingredient!]


Steps
- Chop chicken thigh pieces into small bite size pieces.
-Brown them with onions and butter in a pan
-Add corn, peas and carrot pieces, keep stirring.
-Add campbells cream of chicken soup.
-season to taste [salt, pepper, sugar, stock cubes etc]
- Pour pie mix into an oven proof baking dish.
-Roll puff pastry over and make small slits in the pastry to let some of the air/heat out.
- Brush generously with an egg wash and bake in the oven at 180C until pastry is fluffy and golden brown.

Enjoy!
Notes: My receipes and measurements are not exact, when i cook i dont really measure anything, i go according to taste. You can pretty much add any type of vegies to the pie, its great when you're trying to use up left over vegies. I like using campbells cream of chicken soup to get that creamy thick sauce for the chicken pie - yes i know its cheating, but i think its a good short cut :P.

The recipe above made this lovely chicken pie below, which was HUGE!! and we were eating it for next few days straight.

On the last day of Sydney we made our way to Balmain to try a very famous patisserie, Adriano Zumbo. The place was amazing and made us drool non stop looking at all the amazing cakes and sweet delights behind the glass counter. There was only 1 thing i was looking for - MACARONS!!! since my last macaron in hong kong and andrew's delightful desserts in jakarta, i cant get my mind off them. i HAD to HAVE some!! so i happily chose 12 macarons to bring back to perth and a few more other delightful desserts. hubby and i happily parted with our money to bring back to perth a mountain of delicious pasteries which unfortunately did not quite make it on the flight back. oh wells.... we ate them all none the less....

my delicious macarons.... yum! planning to make these during the school holidays - i cant wait!!

Hubby is obsessed with pork ribs, especially the delicious ones we tried in Naughty Nuris in Bali. This is his first attempt to recrate the famous dish and he did a really good job. Sweet, sticky, spicey and smoky - very nice indeed. Went down well with the corn cob. Once we have the recipe perfected, i'll share it with y'all! enjoy :D



1 comment:

Starwolfgang said...

Chicken pie is so overrated!
Like the new blog layout.