Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Scones or Rock Cake?

A baking bug bit me the other day...
it gave me grand plans of making some scones.
which i have never done in my life

so off i went to look for a recipe on the internet and in my random cook book collections.
gathered all the ingredients
went to garden city to pick up anything else i didnt have
cookie cutter, unsalted butter, rolling pin etc etc

AND THEN!!!
i had a fantabulous idea!
use my bread maker to mix my dough!
stuff getting my hands dirty
and what a great cheat/idea - dont forget im lazy!!

throw all ingredients in
mix dough, batter etc etc
30 mins later ---------- HRMMMMM
this doesnt look right.

So took out all the gooey mess and ended up mixing, kneading it by hand.
1 hr later...
they are hot out of oven - but they dont look like scones - more like rock cakes!!
they tasted ok - but very dense and not lovely like scones
so they became "dog food"

i would take pictures - but i have learnt my lesson and i dont need evidence to remind me.


:o) .luv.humble.pie.clio

No comments: